The Hadgraft St Sewage Pump Station (SPS) was designed and installed by Rockhampton City Council in 1970. The Sewage Pump Station was originally designed to have a single pump operation of 225 L/s.
The Jardine Park Sewage Pump Station (SPS) was designed and installed by Rockhampton City Council in 1960. The Sewage Pump Station was originally designed to have a dual pump operation of 100 L/s.
Rockhampton Regional Council (RRC) awarded SJ Electric the contract to upgrade the complete electrical and pumping system at Hadgraft Street SPS and the electrical system only at Jardine Park SPS. Both sites included the installation of new prefabricated, demountable switch rooms with new main switchboards and variable speed drives. SJ Electric’s scope of work at Hadgraft Street also included the installation of 2 free issue 32.5kW Sulzer pumps.
Fitzroy River Water had previously undertaken two large sewage pump station electrical upgrades (Arthur St SPS and North Rockhampton SPS) where they implemented standardisation of equipment, layouts and controls. This standard approach was implemented at both Hadgraft Street and Jardine Park SPS electrical upgrade to continue standardisation throughout council assets.
SJ Electric’s delivery team were responsible for the management and delivery of the following scope of works as the principal contractor:
- Apply SJ Electric project management, safety, quality, and environmental management procedures as principal contractor
- Management of sub-contractors responsible for delivering mechanical and civil works associated with each site’s electrical upgrade
- Supply and install new prefabricated, demountable switch room with new main switchboard, distribution board, PLC and Vesda fire detection, and gaseous suppression system for each site
- Supply, install and commission all electrical, instrumentation, control, and communications cabling throughout new switch rooms and on-site
- Supply and install of earthing and equipotential bonding
- Supply and install new instrumentation
- Supply and install area and building lighting required for general operation and emergencies
- Supply and install new remote I/O (RIO) panels, truck unloading panels, and various distribution boards
- Decommission and removal of redundant electrical, instrumentation, and control equipment including the existing main switchboards, distribution boards, and PLC panels
SJ Electric’s engineering team completed the following design scope of works as part of the electrical upgrade at both pump stations:
- Complete power systems analysis, including discrimination assessment on all circuit protection and a harmonic study
- Complete Safety in Design risk assessment in conjunction with end-user
- Complete cable sizing and maximum demand calculations
- Develop electrical, instrumentation, and control cable schedule
- Develop new design drawings, including single line, schematic, termination, and instrument loop diagrams
- Manage the design of the new prefabricated switch room, along with design for civil and mechanical sub-contractors
- Design and select new instrumentation compliant with end users’ specifications
- Design new main PLC panel (containing Compact Logix PLC) with associated network equipment
- Design new UPS and 24Vdc power supplies sized for load requirements at each site
SJ Electric’s control systems team were responsible for delivering the following scope of works as part of the upgrade at both pump stations:
- Develop detailed control functional specification and process philosophy in accordance with end-user requirements
- ControlLogix PLC programming to enable full control and monitoring of new equipment.
- Management of approved consultant for Honeywell SCADA configuration
- Complete all factory (FAT) and on-site (SAT) testing and submit as part of commissioning
- Configure motor starter parameters and complete functional tests
- Conform with all end-user control system change management procedures
- Compile comprehensive new operations and maintenance manuals
- Complete training of all plant operational and maintenance staff
This project highlights S.J. Electric’s ability to offer engineering capabilities in both design and control systems, delivering complete turnkey solutions (Design, Manufacture and Construct) for our customers.
Client: Rockhampton Regional Council
Date: April 19, 2021
Tags: Electrical Services