NewCold first Australian Cold Storage Distribution Centers in Melbourne.
Client Name: NewCold Australia
Location: Truganina - Victoria
Project Value: $5 million
Start Date: July 2017
Completion Date: December 2017
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT
NewCold MB01 & MB02 Melbourne projects are intended to be the first in a series of NewCold’s warehouse projects in Australia and the Melbourne project will also function as the Asia-Pacific Head Quarters.
The project is for two (2) massive Highbay Freezer Warehouses with adjacent dispatch/packaging buildings and associated office areas.
Each of the Warehouse(s) are:
- Freezer Area of Approx. 23,500m²
- Height of Freezer Approx. 37 meters
- Height of Dispatch Area Approx. 15 meters
- High Bay Freezer Warehouse(s) are fully automated
The electrical scope of works was associated with the Materials Handling Equipment (MHE) broken into the following:
- Freezer and dispatch area Conveyor system(s)
- Compressor Plant rooms
- Oxygen Reduction Plants
- Overhead Cranes
Unloading, installation, cabling, connection, testing and commissioning of the following equipment.- Delete Title Image
- 2,060 motor drives associated with the conveyors
- 48 kilometers of specialized low temperature cable, suitable for minus 30°C
- 6 kilometers of cable containment
- 3,750 field located sensors
Added value accrued to customer because of Trivantage involvement:
Trivantage worked directly with NewCold, visiting their most recently completed facility in Wakefield (UK) to ascertain the scope and build ability over such a large area as well as bringing new technologies into Australia. Trivantage Infrastructure was able to hit the ground running for these fast tracked projects!